October 3rd, 2016
Cursive: Ten cursive sentences, seven or more words each, are due on Fridays.
Reading: Today was discussion day in Literature Circles.
Writing: Our writing time was shortened today due to a visit from high school football players and cheerleaders. Students did have time to work on some drafting today.
A personal narrative will be due Friday, October 14; your student should be nearing the end of their draft at this point.
Math: Students continued to work on decimal place value skills at MobyMax or Khan Academy today. This time was also shortened by our time with the high schoolers. We’ll be starting decimal rounding, addition, and subtraction later this week. So now is a good time to finish up any leftover decimal place value skills. Homework is to practice math for at least 15 minutes using MobyMax Math or Khan Academy.
Science: We used yellow and pink lemonade to complete a simulation about how medicines are tested on people scientifically. We’ll finish this experiment tomorrow.
Social Studies: We learned about how American Indians changed their land by digging irrigation canals and burned shrubs to grow grasses. Students also worked on a digital review and MiniQuiz online. Homework is to finish the Lesson 2 key ideas, “Got it?” and quiz if not finished in class.
- Homecoming Spirit Week is October 3-7. Check our class calendar for the spirit schedule.
- Have you set up a Daily Homework Time for your student? Consider 15 minutes of math, 15 minutes of writing, and 20 minutes of something else to make a brain smarter!
- Check out our class calendar to stay up-to-date.
- View links to all the websites we use in class.
- View grades, assignments, and attendance at JupiterGrades.
All students in Room 130 will do their best and get ready for 6th grade.