October 7th, 2016
Spelling: Students continued to make Words to Learn lists by correcting words missed on the last spelling test. This will be your student’s spelling words to study for the next test.
Cursive: Ten cursive sentences, seven or more words each, are due on Fridays.
Reading: Today was an informational reading skills practice day.
Writing: Students worked on revising conferences today by commenting on a partner’s writing about changing words and ideas.
Students also worked on revising today. A personal narrative will be due Friday, October 14; your student should be revising at this point by changing words and ideas.
Math: Students worked in Khan Academy or MobyMax to work on rounding or other decimal skills. You student should be finished with decimal place value skills in Khan Academy and MobyMax at this point. Homework is to practice math for at least 15 minutes using MobyMax Math or Khan Academy.
Science: None today due to the half day schedule.
Social Studies: None today due to the half day schedule. Homework is to study for the chapter 1 test coming on Monday. There is a study guide and practice test in each student’s etext at the end of chapter 1.
- Homecoming Spirit Week is October 3-7. Check our class calendar for the spirit schedule.
- Pajama Drive: our school is collecting donations of money or pajamas. Donations will be given to the Salvation Army to provide for children in need. Please consider how you can help and thank you for those that have already contributed.
- Have you set up a Daily Homework Time for your student? Consider 15 minutes of math, 15 minutes of writing, and 20 minutes of something else to make a brain smarter!
- Check out our class calendar to stay up-to-date.
- View links to all the websites we use in class.
- View grades, assignments, and attendance at JupiterGrades.
All students in Room 130 will do their best and get ready for 6th grade.