October 10th, 2016
Spelling: We reviewed the idea that suffixes are letters added to the end of a base word to change its meaning.
Cursive: Ten cursive sentences, seven or more words each, are due on Fridays.
Reading: None today due to Eagle Talk.
Writing: We talked about adding inner story feelings and thoughts to make a character seem real.
Students also worked on revising today. A personal narrative will be due Monday, October 17; your student should be revising at this point by changing words and ideas.
Math: We practiced using rounding to estimate sums and differences. Students also worked in Khan Academy or MobyMax to work on rounding or other decimal skills. You student should be finished with decimal place value skills in Khan Academy and MobyMax at this point. Homework is to practice math for at least 15 minutes using MobyMax Math or Khan Academy.
Science: We reviewed our last experiment about testing medicines through clinical trials.
Social Studies: Students worked on the chapter 1 test today. Most students will continue working on it tomorrow.
- The Fall Harvest Family Night is October 27 from 6-8 pm.
- Pajama Drive: our school is collecting donations of money or pajamas. Donations will be given to the Salvation Army to provide for children in need. Please consider how you can help and thank you for those that have already contributed.
- Have you set up a Daily Homework Time for your student? Consider 15 minutes of math, 15 minutes of writing, and 20 minutes of something else to make a brain smarter!
- Check out our class calendar to stay up-to-date.
- View links to all the websites we use in class.
- View grades, assignments, and attendance at JupiterGrades.
All students in Room 130 will do their best and get ready for 6th grade.