October 27th, 2016
Spelling: None today.
Cursive: Ten cursive sentences, seven or more words each, are due on Fridays.
Reading: Today was a discussion day in Literature Circles.
Writing: None today due to art.
Our last personal narrative will be due Monday, November 7; your student should be finished with their draft at this time at least a full page) and making changes by revising. Homework is to work on writing for at least 15 minutes.
Math: We continued to work on single-digit multiplication today. Students also worked on math skills at Khan Academy or MobyMax. Homework is to practice math for at least 15 minutes using MobyMax Math or Khan Academy.
Here are some Khan Academy topics your students should be finished with this week:
- Rounding decimals
- Adding decimals
- Subtracting decimals
- Distributive Property
- Multiplication Without Regrouping
Science: None today due to our reading skills practice time.
Social Studies: We read about how Spain sent people to their land in New Spain to create a government, create businesses, look for riches, and spread Christianity.
- The Fall Harvest Family Night is tonight, October 27 from 6-8 pm.
- Fall conferences are November 15-17. View, edit, or sign up for conferences online.
- Our class Hawaiian Beach Bash party is Friday, November 4 from 9-noon. Here’s our volunteer and guest sign up list.
- Have you set up a Daily Homework Time for your student? Consider 15 minutes of math, 15 minutes of writing, and 20 minutes of something else to make a brain smarter!
- Check out our class calendar to stay up-to-date.
- View links to all the websites we use in class.
- View grades, assignments, and attendance at JupiterGrades.
All students in Room 130 will do their best and get ready for 6th grade.