October 26th, 2016
Spelling: Today was a spelling and skill test about compound words.
Cursive: Ten cursive sentences, seven or more words each, are due on Fridays.
Reading: Today was a reading day in Literature Circles; some groups worked on visualizing as a reading strategy.
Writing: Today was a revising work day. Students worked on revising their personal narrative by adding or removing words, sentences, paragraphs, and ideas. Our last personal narrative will be due Monday, November 7; your student should be finished with their draft at this time at least a full page) and making changes by revising. Homework is to work on writing for at least 15 minutes.
Math: We started to review single-digit multiplication today, for example 23 x 7. Students also worked on math skills at Khan Academy or MobyMax. Homework is to practice math for at least 15 minutes using MobyMax Math or Khan Academy.
Here are some Khan Academy topics your students should be finished with this week:
- Rounding decimals
- Adding decimals
- Subtracting decimals
- Distributive Property
- Multiplication Without Regrouping
Science: Students finished working on an open-notebook quiz about experiments 2-4.
Social Studies: None today due to our reading skills and AR practice time.
- The Fall Harvest Family Night is October 27 from 6-8 pm.
- Fall conferences are November 15-17. View, edit, or sign up for conferences online.
- Our class Hawaiian Beach Bash party is Friday, November 4 from 9-noon. Here’s our volunteer and guest sign up list.
- Have you set up a Daily Homework Time for your student? Consider 15 minutes of math, 15 minutes of writing, and 20 minutes of something else to make a brain smarter!
- Check out our class calendar to stay up-to-date.
- View links to all the websites we use in class.
- View grades, assignments, and attendance at JupiterGrades.
All students in Room 130 will do their best and get ready for 6th grade.