November 10th, 2016
Spelling: Students started making Words to Learn lists from words missed on their last spelling test. This is your student’s spelling list for the next test.
Cursive: Ten cursive sentences, seven or more words each, are due on Fridays.
Reading: Today was a discussion day in Literature Circles and we continued to observe a group trying to have a good discussion. This will be our last practice day and hopefully students will put into practice what they have seen about good discussion habits.
Writing: We talked writing an interesting lead by starting with talking, a visual detail, or some action.
Students also started drafting today. Our next piece of writing is a fiction narrative, due Monday, November 28. Homework is to work on writing for at least 15 minutes.
Math: We practiced drawing pictures to help solve number stories. Students also worked on math skills using MobyMax Math. Homework is to practice math for at least 15 minutes using MobyMax Math or Khan Academy and to level up on any remaining multiplication skills (shown below).
Here are some Khan Academy topics your students should be finished with by now:
- Multiplication Without Regrouping
- Multiplication With Regrouping
- Multiplying 2-Digit Numbers
- Multi-Digit Multiplication
Science: We reviewed the last experiment about human variation. We talked about how humans can vary slightly, but science can still make conclusions that apply to all people. Note: any corrections to the last science quiz are due on Friday. Quiz answers can be found at JupiterGrades in the Tests & Lessons section.
Social Studies: Students worked on the Chapter 2 test started earlier. Students not finished can work on the test at home or recess.
- Fall conferences are November 15-17. View, edit, or sign up for conferences online.
- Have you set a Daily Homework Time for your student? Consider 15 minutes of math, 15 minutes of writing, and 20 minutes of something else to make a brain smarter!
- Check out our class calendar to stay up-to-date.
- View links to all the websites we use in class.
- View grades, assignments, and attendance at JupiterGrades.
All students in Room 130 will do their best and get ready for 6th grade.