November 11th, 2016
Spelling: Students continued making Words to Learn lists from words missed on their last spelling test.
Cursive: Ten cursive sentences, seven or more words each, are due on Fridays.
Reading: Today was a reading skills practice day using MobyMax.
Writing: We reviewed the idea of writing an interesting lead by starting with talking, a visual detail, or some action.
Students also continued drafting today. Our next piece of writing is a fiction narrative, due Monday, November 28. Homework is to work on writing for at least 15 minutes.
Here are some Khan Academy topics your students should be finished with by now:
Science: We started reading about how a hypothesis is a scientific guess using data.
Social Studies: We started our next topic about settlements in America. We learned a little about what life was like in Jamestown.
- Fall conferences are November 15-17. View, edit, or sign up for conferences online.
- Have you set a Daily Homework Time for your student? Consider 15 minutes of math, 15 minutes of writing, and 20 minutes of something else to make a brain smarter!
- Check out our class calendar to stay up-to-date.
- View links to all the websites we use in class.
- View grades, assignments, and attendance at JupiterGrades.
All students in Room 130 will do their best and get ready for 6th grade.