November 18th, 2016
Spelling: Students worked on MobyMax Spelling today.
Cursive: Ten cursive sentences, seven or more words each, are due on Fridays.
Reading: None today due to the half day schedule.
Writing: We talked more about using fresh language by writing words or sentences that sound new, uncommon, different, and interesting. Overused words aren’t fresh or interesting.
Students also worked on revising today for fresh language, talking, action, or visual details. Our next piece of writing is a fiction narrative, due Monday, November 28. Homework is to work on writing for at least 15 minutes. Your student should be revising by looking for ways to make the writing better.
Here are some Khan Academy topics your students should be finished with by now:
Science: None today due to the half day schedule.
Social Studies: We read about how the Spanish and Native Americans sometimes cooperated with each other, but many times were in conflict.
- The Pizza Kit Camp Fundraiser is due December 2.
- Have you set a Daily Homework Time for your student? Consider 15 minutes of math, 15 minutes of writing, and 20 minutes of something else to make a brain smarter!
- Check out our class calendar to stay up-to-date.
- View links to all the websites we use in class.
- View grades, assignments, and attendance at JupiterGrades.
All students in Room 130 will do their best and get ready for 6th grade.