November 17th, 2016
Spelling: None today due to the half day schedule.
Cursive: Ten cursive sentences, seven or more words each, are due on Fridays.
Reading: Today was an AR and reading skills practice day using MobyMax.
Writing: Students worked on revising today. Our next piece of writing is a fiction narrative, due Monday, November 28. Homework is to work on writing for at least 15 minutes. Your student should be done with their draft by now and going back to the beginning, middle, and ending to look for ways to make the writing better.
Here are some Khan Academy topics your students should be finished with by now:
Science: We reviewed the last experiment about qualitative and quantitative data.
Social Studies: We learned about how the Spanish founded St. Augustine in Florida, fought the French for control, and needed the help of American Indians to survive.
- Fall conferences are this week, November 15-17. View your conferences time here.
- Students received a fundraiser packet for a new online shopping fundraiser our school is starting. This will raise money for school events and small trips, but not 5th Grade Camp.
- The Pizza Kit Camp Fundraiser is due December 2.
- Have you set a Daily Homework Time for your student? Consider 15 minutes of math, 15 minutes of writing, and 20 minutes of something else to make a brain smarter!
- Check out our class calendar to stay up-to-date.
- View links to all the websites we use in class.
- View grades, assignments, and attendance at JupiterGrades.
All students in Room 130 will do their best and get ready for 6th grade.