November 21st, 2016
Spelling: None today due to working on a writing reflection and writing log about the last piece of writing.
Cursive: Ten cursive sentences, seven or more words each, are due on Fridays, so no cursive assignment this week.
Reading: None today due to art.
Writing: We talked writing believable, realistic dialogue to make characters seem real.
Students also worked on revising conferences today. Our next piece of writing is a fiction narrative, due Monday, November 28. Homework is to work on writing for at least 15 minutes. Your student should be revising by looking for ways to make the writing better.
Here are some Khan Academy topics your students should be finished with by now:
Science: Students worked on an experiment to test if it’s easier to catch a ball with one hand or two hands. We’ll finish this experiment tomorrow.
Social Studies: Students finished working on digital assessments for Lesson 1 about Spanish Settlements.
- The Pizza Kit Camp Fundraiser is due December 2.
- Have you set a Daily Homework Time for your student? Consider 15 minutes of math, 15 minutes of writing, and 20 minutes of something else to make a brain smarter!
- Check out our class calendar to stay up-to-date.
- View links to all the websites we use in class.
- View grades, assignments, and attendance at JupiterGrades.
All students in Room 130 will do their best and get ready for 6th grade.