November 22nd, 2016
Spelling: None today due to finishing a science experiment.
Cursive: Ten cursive sentences, seven or more words each, are due on Fridays, so no cursive assignment this week.
Reading: Today was a reading day in Literature Circles; some groups worked on determining importance as a reading strategy.
Writing: We used MobyMax Language to practice editing for dialogue.
Students also worked on editing conferences today. Our next piece of writing is a fiction narrative, due Monday, November 28. Homework is to work on writing for at least 15 minutes. Your student should be editing for capitals, paragraphs, periods, run-on sentences, spelling, etc.
Here are some Khan Academy topics your students should be finished with by now:
- Multiplying 2-Digit Numbers
- Multi-Digit Multiplication
- Divide by taking out factors of 10
- Divide by 1-digit numbers (no remainders)
Science: Students finished the Data Toss experiment, collected class data, and started working on the analysis questions. Homework is to finish the analysis questions if not done in class.
Social Studies: We read about the first English settlement in the New World, Roanoke, and how it failed several times.
- The Pizza Kit Camp Fundraiser is due December 2.
- Have you set a Daily Homework Time for your student? Consider 15 minutes of math, 15 minutes of writing, and 20 minutes of something else to make a brain smarter!
- Check out our class calendar to stay up-to-date.
- View links to all the websites we use in class.
- View grades, assignments, and attendance at JupiterGrades.
All students in Room 130 will do their best and get ready for 6th grade.