December 14th, 2016
Spelling: None today.
Cursive: Ten cursive sentences, seven or more words each, are due on Fridays.
Reading: Today was a reading skills and AR practice day.
Writing: Students completed editing conferences and worked on editing today.
Our current piece of writing, a fiction narrative, is due Friday, December 16. Homework is to work on writing for at least 15 minutes. Your student should be editing by now for spelling, paragraphs, quotation marks, end marks, run-on sentences.
Math: Students worked on finishing division skills in MobyMax Math for a final class day today; any remaining unfinished skills will need to be completed at home. Homework is to practice math for at least 15 minutes using MobyMax Math or Khan Academy, preferably MobyMax if your student has unfinished division skills.
Here are some Khan Academy topics your students might have missing:
- Divide by 1-digit numbers (no remainders)
- Zeros in the dividend (no remainders)
- Zeros in the quotient (no remainders)
- Divide with remainders
- Basic multi-digit division
Science: None today due to an assembly.
Social Studies: None today due to an assembly.
- Our Fiesta Mexicana is Wednesday, December 21 from 9-noon. Family members are welcome to help out and join us. Here is our volunteer list.
- Have you set a Daily Homework Time for your student? Consider 15 minutes of math, 15 minutes of writing, and 20 minutes of something else to make a brain smarter!
- Check out our class calendar to stay up-to-date.
- View links to all the websites we use in class.
- View grades, assignments, and attendance at JupiterGrades.
All students in Room 130 will do their best and get ready for 6th grade.