December 15th, 2016
Spelling: Students worked on MobyMax Language skills today.
Cursive: Ten cursive sentences, seven or more words each, are due on Fridays.
Reading: Today was a discussion day in Literature Circles.
Writing: We talked about being careful not to start every sentence with the same words. Students also worked on editing and publishing today. Our current piece of writing, a fiction narrative, is due Friday, December 16. Homework is to work on writing for at least 15 minutes. Your student should be making final changes to the story at this point.
Math: We practiced multiplying decimals by 10s, 100s, and 1000s. Students also practiced math skills using MobyMax Math. Homework is to practice math for at least 15 minutes using MobyMax Math or Khan Academy.
Here are some Khan Academy topics your students might have missing:
- Divide by 1-digit numbers (no remainders)
- Zeros in the dividend (no remainders)
- Zeros in the quotient (no remainders)
- Divide with remainders
- Basic multi-digit division
Science: We reviewed student predictions on what body systems are needed for life.
Social Studies: Students continued worked on the Chapter 3 test started earlier.
- Our Fiesta Mexicana is Wednesday, December 21 from 9-noon. Family members are welcome to help out and join us. Here is our volunteer list.
- Have you set a Daily Homework Time for your student? Consider 15 minutes of math, 15 minutes of writing, and 20 minutes of something else to make a brain smarter!
- Check out our class calendar to stay up-to-date.
- View links to all the websites we use in class.
- View grades, assignments, and attendance at JupiterGrades.
All students in Room 130 will do their best and get ready for 6th grade.