December 16th, 2016
Spelling: None today.
Cursive: Ten cursive sentences, seven or more words each, are due on Fridays.
Reading: Today was reading skills practice day.
Writing: We practiced editing and revising sentence beginnings so that the same word isn’t used too frequently to begin a sentence. Students also worked on editing and publishing today. Our current piece of writing, a fiction narrative, is due Friday, December 16; students can also work on the writing this weekend. Homework is to work on writing for at least 15 minutes. Your student should be making final changes to the story at this point.
Here are some Khan Academy topics your students might have missing:
- Divide by 1-digit numbers (no remainders)
- Zeros in the dividend (no remainders)
- Zeros in the quotient (no remainders)
- Divide with remainders
- Basic multi-digit division
Science: We learned that the skeletal system provides protection and support to the body, and also makes red and white blood cells. Homework is to finish the Saved by a Skeleton review page if not done in class.
Social Studies: None today.
- Our Fiesta Mexicana is Wednesday, December 21 from 9-noon. Family members are welcome to help out and join us. Here is our volunteer list.
- Have you set a Daily Homework Time for your student? Consider 15 minutes of math, 15 minutes of writing, and 20 minutes of something else to make a brain smarter!
- Check out our class calendar to stay up-to-date.
- View links to all the websites we use in class.
- View grades, assignments, and attendance at JupiterGrades.
All students in Room 130 will do their best and get ready for 6th grade.