April 10th, 2017
Cursive: Ten cursive sentences, seven or more words each, are due on Fridays.
Reading: Today was a reading day in Literature Circles; some groups worked on visualizing as a reading strategy.
Writing: Students started collecting research for our next writing project, the I-Search informational research project. Students also finalized their research questions. Students will share their research as a digital presentation during our I-Search Conference on May 2. Homework is for students to collect information about their topic.
Math: None today due to our picture day appointment.
Science: We worked on finishing a district science test today.
Social Studies: We reviewed important ideas about the Declaration of Independence.
- Students will be working on MSTEP testing from April 11-21 in the morning.
- Please arrive to school on time! We start testing right away.
- Please bring chromebooks fully charged.
- Please get a good night’s sleep and eat a good breakfast!
- Have you set a Daily Homework Time for your student? Consider 15 minutes of math, 15 minutes of writing, and 20 minutes of something else to make a brain smarter!
- Check out our class calendar to stay up-to-date.
- View links to all the websites we use in class.
- View grades, assignments, and attendance at JupiterGrades.
All students in Room 130 will do their best and get ready for 6th grade.