April 11th, 2017
Spelling: None today due to MSTEP testing.
Cursive: Ten cursive sentences, seven or more words each, are due on Fridays.
Reading: None today due to MSTEP testing.
Writing: Students continued to collect research for our next writing project, the I-Search informational research project. Students also finalized their research questions. Students will share their research as a digital presentation during our I-Search Conference on May 2. Homework is for students to collect information about their topic.
Math: We practiced finding least common multiples today. For example, to find multiples of 3 and 4, list the multiples of each number (3, 6, 9, 12, and 4, 8, 12). The least common multiple for 3 and 4 is 12, the smallest multiple they have in common. Students also practiced this skill at Khan Academy. Homework is to practice math for at least 15 minutes using MobyMax Math or Khan Academy.
Science: We used force meters today to see what happens to a block when the forces on it are balanced and unbalanced.
Social Studies: None today due to MSTEP testing.
- Students will be working on MSTEP testing from April 11-21 in the morning.
- Please arrive to school on time! We start testing right away.
- Please bring chromebooks fully charged.
- Please get a good night’s sleep and eat a good breakfast!
- Have you set a Daily Homework Time for your student? Consider 15 minutes of math, 15 minutes of writing, and 20 minutes of something else to make a brain smarter!
- Check out our class calendar to stay up-to-date.
- View links to all the websites we use in class.
- View grades, assignments, and attendance at JupiterGrades.
All students in Room 130 will do their best and get ready for 6th grade.