April 21st, 2017
Spelling: None today due to MSTEP.
Cursive: Ten cursive sentences, seven or more words each, are due on Fridays.
Reading: Today was a reading skills practice day.
Writing: We talked again about writing using a natural voice and style. Students also continued to create digital slides to display their research. Students will share their research as a digital presentation during our I-Search Conference on May 2. Homework is to continue to work on slides for their presentation. A draft of at least 7 slides is due on Monday so that we can spend next week revising and editing.
Recent skills we’ve worked on:
Science: Students participated in the Jet Toy Challenge today. Engineers from GM are volunteering time to work with us over the next five Fridays. Students are working in teams to build and test a balloon-powered car. The car that travels the farthest wins! Today, students worked on building the chassis and assembling the wheels.
Social Studies: None today due to MSTEP.
- MSTEP is finished!
- A Parent Math Lab class is scheduled for Thursday, April 27 from 6-7 pm. It’s free and will help provide tips for working with your student on math.
- Have you set a Daily Homework Time for your student? Consider 15 minutes of math, 15 minutes of writing, and 20 minutes of something else to make a brain smarter!
- Check out our class calendar to stay up-to-date.
- View links to all the websites we use in class.
- View grades, assignments, and attendance at JupiterGrades.
All students in Room 130 will do their best and get ready for 6th grade.