April 20th, 2017
Spelling: None today due to MSTEP.
Cursive: Ten cursive sentences, seven or more words each, are due on Fridays.
Reading: Today was a reading skills practice day.
Writing: We talked about writing using a natural voice. This means writing like people talk, and not writing like a book or website sounds. A nature writing style will be more interesting to read than something that sounds more stuffy.
Students also continued to create digital slides to display their research. Students will share their research as a digital presentation during our I-Search Conference on May 2. Homework is to continue to work on slides for their presentation.
Recent skills we’ve worked on:
Science: Students worked on a district science experiment about force and motion again today.
Social Studies: None today due to MSTEP.
- Students will be working on MSTEP testing from April 18-21 in the morning.
- Please arrive to school on time! We start testing right away.
- Please bring chromebooks fully charged.
- Please get a good night’s sleep and eat a good breakfast!
- A Parent Math Lab class is scheduled for Thursday, April 27 from 6-7 pm. It’s free and will help provide tips for working with your student on math.
- Have you set a Daily Homework Time for your student? Consider 15 minutes of math, 15 minutes of writing, and 20 minutes of something else to make a brain smarter!
- Check out our class calendar to stay up-to-date.
- View links to all the websites we use in class.
- View grades, assignments, and attendance at JupiterGrades.
All students in Room 130 will do their best and get ready for 6th grade.