April 19th, 2017
Spelling: None today due to MSTEP.
Cursive: Ten cursive sentences, seven or more words each, are due on Fridays.
Reading: None today due to MSTEP.
Writing: We talked about using the 2, 3, 1 method of organizing information on slides. The idea is not to lead with the best information, or the least interesting. Save the best information for last, but start with the second-most interesting information. This will interest the reader to keep listing. Put the less interesting information in the middle of the slide, and the best fact is saved for last.
Students also continued to create digital slides to display their research. Students will share their research as a digital presentation during our I-Search Conference on May 2. Homework is to continue to work on slides for their presentation.
Math: None today due to MSTEP.
Science: Students worked on a district science experiment about force and motion again today.
Social Studies: We read about how the Continental Army took several defeats after their initial wins; Nathan Hale the spy was captured and sentenced to death; George Washington led a sneak attack on Christmas day and defeated German mercenaries for a much-needed victory after his defeats.
- Students will be working on MSTEP testing from April 18-21 in the morning.
- Please arrive to school on time! We start testing right away.
- Please bring chromebooks fully charged.
- Please get a good night’s sleep and eat a good breakfast!
- A Parent Math Lab class is scheduled for Thursday, April 27 from 6-7 pm. It’s free and will help provide tips for working with your student on math.
- Have you set a Daily Homework Time for your student? Consider 15 minutes of math, 15 minutes of writing, and 20 minutes of something else to make a brain smarter!
- Check out our class calendar to stay up-to-date.
- View links to all the websites we use in class.
- View grades, assignments, and attendance at JupiterGrades.
All students in Room 130 will do their best and get ready for 6th grade.