May 11th, 2017
Spelling: None today.
Cursive: Ten cursive sentences, seven or more words each, are due on Fridays.
Reading: Today was a discussion day in Literature Circles.
Writing: We talked about writing a fragment poem by writing a few words on each line, rather than full sentences. Here’s an example written by a past class. A collection of poems will be due on Friday, May 19.
Homework is to work on poems for 15 minutes.
Science: Students worked in groups to sort and classify space objects. We’ll continue working on this experiment tomorrow.
Social Studies: Students worked on a district test about the American Revolution.
- Grand Blanc offers a summer school step up program for language arts and math. The courses are offered during the morning in June. Find more information and registration forms here.
- Have you set a Daily Homework Time for your student? Consider 15 minutes of math, 15 minutes of writing, and 20 minutes of something else to make a brain smarter!
- Check out our class calendar to stay up-to-date.
- View links to all the websites we use in class.
- View grades, assignments, and attendance at JupiterGrades.
All students in Room 130 will do their best and get ready for 6th grade.