May 9th, 2017
Spelling: We reviewed common spelling patterns for the /ch/ sound. We learned that ch and tch are common patterns, but tch is usually used for short vowel sounds (as in stitch or batch), and ch for long vowel sounds (as in reach and coach).
Cursive: Ten cursive sentences, seven or more words each, are due on Fridays.
Reading: None today due to our I-Search Conference.
Writing: None today due to our I-Search Conference. A collection of poems will be due on Friday, May 19.
Homework is to work on poems for 15 minutes.
33 new photos · Album by Christian Howd
Recent skills that should be finished:
- Common denominators
- Add fractions with unlike denominators
- Subtract fractions with unlike denominators
- Add and subtract mixed numbers with unlike denominators 1
- Add and subtract mixed numbers with unlike denominators 2
Science: We worked on an experiment about comparing other planets to earth. We learned that other planets would probably not have the same type of day, year, seasons, or tides as earth. Homework is to finish the Comparing Planets charted if not done in class.
Social Studies: None today due to our I-Search Conference.
- Grand Blanc offers a summer school step up program for language arts and math. The courses are offered during the morning in June. Find more information and registration forms here.
- Have you set a Daily Homework Time for your student? Consider 15 minutes of math, 15 minutes of writing, and 20 minutes of something else to make a brain smarter!
- Check out our class calendar to stay up-to-date.
- View links to all the websites we use in class.
- View grades, assignments, and attendance at JupiterGrades.
All students in Room 130 will do their best and get ready for 6th grade.