May 8th, 2017
Spelling: None today.
Cursive: Ten cursive sentences, seven or more words each, are due on Fridays.
Reading: None today due to working on a class technology project.
Writing: We talked about repeating words to add music to a poem. Students also worked on their poetry again today. A collection of poems will be due on Friday, May 19.
Homework is to work on poems for 15 minutes.
Recent skills that should be finished:
- Common denominators
- Add fractions with unlike denominators
- Subtract fractions with unlike denominators
- Add and subtract mixed numbers with unlike denominators 1
- Add and subtract mixed numbers with unlike denominators 2
Science: We reviewed our recent experiments about moon phases and tides. We also learned that tides are caused by the moon’s gravity pulling on the ocean water and the earth. Here is a video that explains more:
Social Studies: Students started a test about the Revolutionary War.
- Our I-Search Conference is tomorrow, May 9 from 1:30-2:30. Here is the schedule. Family members are welcome to attend.
- Grand Blanc offers a summer school step up program for language arts and math. The courses are offered during the morning in June. Find more information and registration forms here.
- Have you set a Daily Homework Time for your student? Consider 15 minutes of math, 15 minutes of writing, and 20 minutes of something else to make a brain smarter!
- Check out our class calendar to stay up-to-date.
- View links to all the websites we use in class.
- View grades, assignments, and attendance at JupiterGrades.
All students in Room 130 will do their best and get ready for 6th grade.