May 15th, 2017
Spelling: We reviewed doubling the last consonant when adding suffixes for certain words. This will be the skill tested for tomorrow’s spelling test.
Cursive: Ten cursive sentences, seven or more words each, are due on Fridays.
Reading: Today was a reading day in Literature Circles; some groups worked on summarizing as a reading strategy.
Writing: We talked about turning a story or memory into a poem today, and also how to use white space to point out important parts. A collection of poems will be due on Friday, May 19.
Homework is to work on poems for 15 minutes.
Science: We reviewed our last experiments and wrote notes about moon phases, tides, planets, and space objects.
Social Studies: We started to learn about the new government created after the American Revolution, called the Articles of Confederation.
- Grand Blanc offers a summer school step up program for language arts and math. The courses are offered during the morning in June. Find more information and registration forms here.
- Have you set a Daily Homework Time for your student? Consider 15 minutes of math, 15 minutes of writing, and 20 minutes of something else to make a brain smarter!
- Check out our class calendar to stay up-to-date.
- View links to all the websites we use in class.
- View grades, assignments, and attendance at JupiterGrades.
All students in Room 130 will do their best and get ready for 6th grade.