May 17th, 2017
Spelling: Today was a spelling and skill test.
Cursive: Ten cursive sentences, seven or more words each, are due on Fridays.
Reading: Today was a reading day in Literature Circles; some groups worked on breaking apart words and using context clues as a reading strategy.
Writing: Students worked on revising conferences today. A collection of poems will be due on Friday, May 19.
Homework is to work on poems for 15 minutes.
Science: We started an experiment about making a scale model of the distances of the planets in our solar system. We ran out of time due to poor choices by some in our class. Students have the option of finishing the scale drawing using a ruler for homework, and working on analysis question 2 on p. 27, or finishing the experiment at lunch.
Social Studies: We learned about how there was a debate about making a constitution after the Articles of Confederation failed.
- There is a Camp Information Meeting tomorrow, Thursday, at 5 pm in Room 108.
- End of the Year Activites:
- 5th Grade Camp is May 25-26. Find more information here.
- Volunteer Luncheon, May 30
- Family Walk-a-Thon, May 31
- Celebration of Life, June 12
- 5th Grade Farewell, June 13
- Waterpark field trip, June 14
- Grand Blanc offers a summer school step up program for language arts and math. The courses are offered during the morning in June. Find more information and registration forms here.
- Have you set a Daily Homework Time for your student? Consider 15 minutes of math, 15 minutes of writing, and 20 minutes of something else to make a brain smarter!
- Check out our class calendar to stay up-to-date.
- View links to all the websites we use in class.
- View grades, assignments, and attendance at JupiterGrades.
All students in Room 130 will do their best and get ready for 6th grade.