May 18th, 2017
Spelling: None today.
Cursive: Ten cursive sentences, seven or more words each, are due on Fridays.
Reading: Students completed a STAR Reading test today.
Writing: Students worked on editing conferences today. We also talked about taking weak parts out of poems to make them sound better. A collection of poems will be due on Friday, May 19.
Homework is to work on poems for 15 minutes.
Science: We drew a model of the sizes of planets in our solar system. Homework is to finish the drawing and to answer the question: What did you learn about the sizes of planets from your drawing?
Social Studies: We learned about how a compromise created the two houses of our Congress and how slaves were counted as 3/5 of a person in the original Constitution.
- There is a Camp Information Meeting today, Thursday, at 5 pm in Room 108.
- End of the Year Activites:
- 5th Grade Camp is May 25-26. Find more information here.
- Volunteer Luncheon, May 30
- Family Walk-a-Thon, May 31
- Field Day, June 8
- Celebration of Life, June 12
- 5th Grade Farewell, June 13
- Waterpark field trip, June 14
- Grand Blanc offers a summer school step up program for language arts and math. The courses are offered during the morning in June. Find more information and registration forms here.
- Have you set a Daily Homework Time for your student? Consider 15 minutes of math, 15 minutes of writing, and 20 minutes of something else to make a brain smarter!
- Check out our class calendar to stay up-to-date.
- View links to all the websites we use in class.
- View grades, assignments, and attendance at JupiterGrades.
All students in Room 130 will do their best and get ready for 6th grade.