May 23rd, 2017
Spelling: None today.
Cursive: Ten cursive sentences, seven or more words each, are due on Fridays.
Reading: Today was a reading skills practice day due to art.
Writing: Students worked on their Find It, Decide It research project today. Students will be working with a partner to research a decision, compare and contrast two choices, and to make a decision based on research. Students should try to select their final topic idea tonight. The Find It, Decide It project is due Friday, June 2.
Science: We started our last experiment today about gravity in space.
Social Studies: We learned about the debate over the constitution and the worry about if it was taking away too much power from the states.
- 5th Grade Camp is this Thursday and Friday, May 25-26. Find what to bring, permission slips, and more information here.
- End of the Year Activites:
- Volunteer Luncheon, May 30
- Family Walk-a-Thon, May 31
- Field Day, June 8
- Celebration of Life, June 12
- 5th Grade Farewell, June 13
- Waterpark field trip, June 14
- Grand Blanc offers a summer school step up program for language arts and math. The courses are offered during the morning in June. Find more information and registration forms here.
- Have you set a Daily Homework Time for your student? Consider 15 minutes of math, 15 minutes of writing, and 20 minutes of something else to make a brain smarter!
- Check out our class calendar to stay up-to-date.
- View links to all the websites we use in class.
- View grades, assignments, and attendance at JupiterGrades.
All students in Room 130 will do their best and get ready for 6th grade.