June 1st, 2017
Spelling: None today.
Cursive: Ten cursive sentences, seven or more words each, are due on Fridays. Our last cursive assignment this year will be due this week.
Reading: Today was a reading skills practice day.
Writing: Students worked on their Find It, Decide It research project today, focusing on making their decision with evidence to back it up. Students are working with a partner to research a decision, compare and contrast two choices, and to make a decision based on research. The Find It, Decide It project is due Friday, June 2.
Math: Math for the rest of the year is work time to catch up on missing skills for 5th grade math, or to work ahead for next year. Homework is to practice math for at least 15 minutes using MobyMax Math or Khan Academy.
Science: Students finished working on a district science test about space objects, the solar system, and gravity. This is the final science grade this year.
Social Studies: We reviewed some of the ideas in the preamble of the Constitution.
- End of the Year Activites:
- Family Walk-a-Thon, May 31
- Field Day, June 9 (new date)
- Waterpark field trip, June 12 (new date)
- 5th Grade Farewell, June 13
- Celebration of Life, June 14 (new date)
- Grand Blanc offers a summer school step up program for language arts and math. The courses are offered during the morning in June. Find more information and registration forms here.
- Have you set a Daily Homework Time for your student? Consider 15 minutes of math, 15 minutes of writing, and 20 minutes of something else to make a brain smarter!
- Check out our class calendar to stay up-to-date.
- View links to all the websites we use in class.
- View grades, assignments, and attendance at JupiterGrades.
All students in Room 130 will do their best and get ready for 6th grade.