September 28th, 2017
Spelling: None today.
Cursive: Cursive worksheet pp. 7-9 are available and due Friday.
Reading: We practiced visualizing by drawing illustrations today.
Writing: Students finished prewriting conferences today by commenting on a partner’s writing using Google Docs. Students also started drafting their writing. A personal narrative is due Friday, October 13, and the minimum length is one page. Homework is to work on writing for at least 15 minutes. Your student should be drafting at this point.
Math: Today we practiced thinking about division as making equal groups. Students also used MobyMax Math to practice this skill. Homework is to practice math for 15 minutes using MobyMax or Khan Academy.
Science: None today due to our reading skills practice time.
The Energy Fair project is due tomorrow, Friday, September 29. Here are the Energy Fair directions. Each student should be bringing in an object and making a sign or digital presentation (an elaborate sign, board, or presentation is not needed; simpler is better).
Social Studies: None today.
- If you would like to order a #SchoolEveryDay shirt for your student, you can order a shirt using this online order form.
- Have you helped your student plan a Daily Homework Time? This is a daily (Monday through Thursday) time of 40 minutes for students to work on math, writing, math facts, cursive, or other homework. Maybe it’s right after school, or at 5 pm, or right after dinner. The idea is that your student is working each day on something to make them smarter. Here is a sample schedule and more ideas.
- Check out our class calendar to stay up-to-date.
- View links to all the websites we use in class.
- View grades, assignments, and attendance at JupiterGrades.
All students in Room 130 will do their best and get ready for 5th grade.