September 29th, 2017
Spelling: None today.
Cursive: Cursive worksheet pp. 7-9 are available and were due Friday.
Reading: We finished reading a realistic fiction story about two friends at school.
Writing: We talked about using three kinds of details in stories to make them more interesting:
- Dialogue (What are the characters saying?)
- Action (What are the characters doing?)
- Visual details (What do the characters, places, objects look like?)
Students also continued drafting today. A personal narrative is due Friday, October 13, and the minimum length is one page. Your student should be drafting at this point.
Math: None today due to the Energy Fair.
26 new photos added to shared album
Social Studies: None today due to the Energy Fair.
- If you would like to order a #SchoolEveryDay shirt for your student, you can order a shirt using this online order form.
- Have you helped your student plan a Daily Homework Time? This is a daily (Monday through Thursday) time of 40 minutes for students to work on math, writing, math facts, cursive, or other homework. Maybe it’s right after school, or at 5 pm, or right after dinner. The idea is that your student is working each day on something to make them smarter. Here is a sample schedule and more ideas.
- Check out our class calendar to stay up-to-date.
- View links to all the websites we use in class.
- View grades, assignments, and attendance at JupiterGrades.
All students in Room 130 will do their best and get ready for 5th grade.