October 6th, 2017
Spelling: We practiced spelling words that have silent letters.
Cursive: Cursive worksheet pp. 10-12 are available and are due Monday.
Reading: None today due to the half-day schedule.
Writing: None today due to the half-day schedule.
A personal narrative is due Friday, October 13, and the minimum length is one page. Your student should be revising by now.
Math: None today due to the half-day schedule.
Science: None today due to art.
Social Studies: Students completed a MiniQuiz about the purpose of the government shown in the Preamble to the Constitution. We also talked about creating a welcoming physical environment in our class.
- Note that due to evidence of a threat discovered at our school, and to keep our students safe, all student backpacks were searched today with the help of school staff and the Grand Blanc Township Police.
- Have you helped your student plan a Daily Homework Time? This is a daily (Monday through Thursday) time of 40 minutes for students to work on math, writing, math facts, cursive, or other homework. Maybe it’s right after school, or at 5 pm, or right after dinner. The idea is that your student is working each day on something to make them smarter. Here is a sample schedule and more ideas.
- Check out our class calendar to stay up-to-date.
- View links to all the websites we use in class.
- View grades, assignments, and attendance at JupiterGrades.
All students in Room 130 will do their best and get ready for 5th grade.