October 13th, 2017
Spelling: We practiced the difference between few and less:
- Fewer is used for things that can be counted: fewer students, fewer pencils, fewer clouds.
- Less is used for things that can’t be counted: less rain, less wind, less space.
Cursive: Cursive worksheet pp. 13-15 are available and were due today.
Reading: We finished reading a narrative nonfiction graphic novel about force and motion. Students also used MobyMax Foundational Reading to practice reading skills.
Writing: We started using a Google Site to publish our writing for others to see. Today also a publishing today. A personal narrative is due Monday, October 16. Your student should be publishing by now.
Math: We practiced pattern skills at MobyMax Math.
Science: We watched some video clips of astronauts running on the moon, throwing objects, and dropping a hammer and feather at the same time. We also watched a video tour of the moon to see the craters and the hardened lava plains.
Social Studies: None today due to extra time with science.
- The Reading page has recently been updated.
- Have you helped your student plan a Daily Homework Time? This is a daily (Monday through Thursday) time of 40 minutes for students to work on math, writing, math facts, cursive, or other homework. Maybe it’s right after school, or at 5 pm, or right after dinner. The idea is that your student is working each day on something to make them smarter. Here is a sample schedule and more ideas.
- Check out our class calendar to stay up-to-date.
- View links to all the websites we use in class.
- View grades, assignments, and attendance at Jupiter Ed.
All students in Room 130 will do their best and get ready for 5th grade.