October 12th, 2017
Spelling: We practiced spelling idioms that contained words with common spelling patterns for the short /o/ sound: o, al, au, aw.
Cursive: Cursive worksheet pp. 13-15 are available and are due Friday.
Reading: We started reading a narrative nonfiction graphic novel and force and motion. Today was also a discussion day in Literature Circles. Students discussed what they read in their Literature Circles book by sharing the notes they wrote in their notebooks.
Writing: We talked using the right words in writing. That means using precise nouns to exactly describe the people, places, and things in the writing. It also means to use strong verbs so that the reader can picture the action.
Students also worked on publishing today. A personal narrative is due Monday, October 16. Your student should be publishing by now. Homework is to work on writing for 15 minutes.
Science: We reviewed our last Investigation Review about what it would be like to be on the moon.
Social Studies: Today was a leader lesson about creating leadership roles (class jobs) to make sure our class is a fun and safe place to learn in.
- The Reading page has recently been updated.
- Have you helped your student plan a Daily Homework Time? This is a daily (Monday through Thursday) time of 40 minutes for students to work on math, writing, math facts, cursive, or other homework. Maybe it’s right after school, or at 5 pm, or right after dinner. The idea is that your student is working each day on something to make them smarter. Here is a sample schedule and more ideas.
- Check out our class calendar to stay up-to-date.
- View links to all the websites we use in class.
- View grades, assignments, and attendance at Jupiter Ed.
All students in Room 130 will do their best and get ready for 5th grade.