October 25th, 2017
Spelling: Today was a preview of upcoming spelling words.
Cursive: Cursive worksheet pp. 19-21 are available and are due Friday.
Reading: This is a reading skills week. Students worked on MobyMax Reading Skills Informational today.
Writing: We talked more about writing moment by moment action, instead of skipping over a lot of action details.
Students also worked on revising by changing words or ideas. A personal narrative is due Monday, November 6. Your student should be making changes to their draft at this point. Homework is to work on writing for 15 minutes.
Math: We practiced writing an equation to match a pattern of numbers. For examples, if there are 6 apples in a bag, the equation is B x 6 = A. Students also worked on patterns and other skills at MobyMax Math or Khan Academy. Homework is to practice math for 15 minutes using MobyMax or Khan Academy.
Science: We reviewed food chains and webs today and used some animal and plant cards to create food chains.
Social Studies: We reviewed powers of the federal and state governments, and shared powers. Groups sorted the powers into categories. Students also completed a MiniQuiz about what our government is like.
- Students, wear Western-style clothes tomorrow (Thursday, October 26) for a class picture! Jeans, plaid shirts, bandanas, cowboy hats, anything that looks like the Wild West!
- The Fall Harvest Family Night is Thursday, October 26!
- Our class is having a Hawaiian Beach Bash on Friday, November 3, from 12:30-3:30. Here’s our list if you can you volunteer, donate, or help out?
- Have you helped your student plan a Daily Homework Time? This is a daily (Monday through Thursday) time of 40 minutes for students to work on math, writing, math facts, cursive, or other homework. Maybe it’s right after school, or at 5 pm, or right after dinner. The idea is that your student is working each day on something to make them smarter. Here is a sample schedule and more ideas.
- Check out our class calendar to stay up-to-date.
- View links to all the websites we use in class.
- View grades, assignments, and attendance at Jupiter Ed.
All students in Room 130 will do their best and get ready for 5th grade.