October 26th, 2017
Spelling: Students started working on making Words to Learn lists from words missed on the last spelling test.
Cursive: Cursive worksheet pp. 19-21 are available and are due Friday.
Reading: This is a reading skills week. Students worked on MobyMax Reading Skills Literature today.
Writing: None today. We’ll work on extra writing tomorrow.
A personal narrative is due Monday, November 6. Your student should be making changes to their draft at this point. Homework is to work on writing for 15 minutes.
Math: We practiced math pattern skills at Khan Academy today.
Science: We played a game making food chains and webs today.
Social Studies: None today due to art.
- The Fall Harvest Family Night is tonight from 6-8 pm!
- Our class is having a Hawaiian Beach Bash on Friday, November 3, from 12:30-3:30. Here’s our list if you can you volunteer, donate, or help out?
- Have you helped your student plan a Daily Homework Time? This is a daily (Monday through Thursday) time of 40 minutes for students to work on math, writing, math facts, cursive, or other homework. Maybe it’s right after school, or at 5 pm, or right after dinner. The idea is that your student is working each day on something to make them smarter. Here is a sample schedule and more ideas.
- Check out our class calendar to stay up-to-date.
- View links to all the websites we use in class.
- View grades, assignments, and attendance at Jupiter Ed.
All students in Room 130 will do their best and get ready for 5th grade.