October 27th, 2017
Spelling: Students continued working on making Words to Learn lists from words missed on the last spelling test. This is your student’s customized spelling list to practice for the next test.
Cursive: Cursive worksheet pp. 19-21 are available and were due today.
Reading: This is a reading skills week. Students worked on MobyMax Foundational Reading today.
Writing: We worked on revising today.
A personal narrative is due Monday, November 6. Your student should be making changes to their draft at this point. Homework is to work on writing for 15 minutes if needed.
Math: We reviewed and practiced math pattern skills at Khan Academy today.
Science: We played a game making food chains students completed a MiniQuiz about this topic.
Social Studies: We reviewed our last MiniQuiz about what our government is like.
- Our class is having a Hawaiian Beach Bash on Friday, November 3, from 12:30-3:30. Here’s our list if you can you volunteer, donate, or help out?
- Have you helped your student plan a Daily Homework Time? This is a daily (Monday through Thursday) time of 40 minutes for students to work on math, writing, math facts, cursive, or other homework. Maybe it’s right after school, or at 5 pm, or right after dinner. The idea is that your student is working each day on something to make them smarter. Here is a sample schedule and more ideas.
- Check out our class calendar to stay up-to-date.
- View links to all the websites we use in class.
- View grades, assignments, and attendance at Jupiter Ed.
All students in Room 130 will do their best and get ready for 5th grade.