November 3rd, 2017
Spelling: None today due to the Hawaiian Beach Bash.
Cursive: Cursive worksheet pp. 22-24 are available and are due Monday.
Reading: None today due to the Hawaiian Beach Bash.
Writing: None today due to the Hawaiian Beach Bash.
A personal narrative is due Monday, November 6. Your student should be publishing at this point. Homework is to work on writing for 15 minutes if needed.
Math: None today due to the Hawaiian Beach Bash.
Here are some skills we’ve been working on lately:
- Math Patterns 2
- Intro to place value
- Write whole numbers in expanded form
- Write numbers in written form
- Creating largest or smallest number
- Place value blocks
- Multiply and divide by 10
Science: We learned about how the moon rotates and revolves around the earth in about a month. Students worked on a crossword puzzle about these ideas. Homework is to finish the crossword if not done in class.
Social Studies: We learned about the three branches of government and what their responsiblities are.
- Today was our Hawaiian Beach Bash! Thanks to all the family members that donated money or food, or helped with food, games, or clean up!
- Fall conferences are November 14-16. View, signup or edit your conference time here.
- Have you helped your student plan a Daily Homework Time? This is a daily (Monday through Thursday) time of 40 minutes for students to work on math, writing, math facts, cursive, or other homework. Maybe it’s right after school, or at 5 pm, or right after dinner. The idea is that your student is working each day on something to make them smarter. Here is a sample schedule and more ideas.
- Check out our class calendar to stay up-to-date.
- View links to all the websites we use in class.
- View grades, assignments, and attendance at Jupiter Ed.
All students in Room 130 will do their best and get ready for 5th grade.