November 2nd, 2017
Spelling: None today.
Cursive: Cursive worksheet pp. 22-24 are available and are due Friday.
Reading: We read a folktale about how some birds delivered a secret message. Students also practiced foundational reading skills using MobyMax today.
Writing: Today was a publishing day for adding a title, resolving comments and making the writing look nice to read.
A personal narrative is due Monday, November 6. Your student should be publishing at this point. Homework is to work on writing for 15 minutes.
Math: We practiced skills about place value and multiplying and dividing by 10 at Khan Academy.
Here are the skills we’ve been working on lately:
- Math Patterns 2
- Intro to place value
- Write whole numbers in expanded form
- Write numbers in written form
- Creating largest or smallest number
- Place value blocks
- Multiply and divide by 10
Science: We learned about how the earth revolves around the sun, and started to learn about how the moon also rotates and revolves.
Social Studies: We reviewed our last MiniQuiz about federal and state powers. We also started learning about the three branches of our government.
- Tomorrow is our Hawaiian Beach Bash from 12:30-3:30. Here’s our list if you can you volunteer, donate, or help out.
- Have you helped your student plan a Daily Homework Time? This is a daily (Monday through Thursday) time of 40 minutes for students to work on math, writing, math facts, cursive, or other homework. Maybe it’s right after school, or at 5 pm, or right after dinner. The idea is that your student is working each day on something to make them smarter. Here is a sample schedule and more ideas.
- Check out our class calendar to stay up-to-date.
- View links to all the websites we use in class.
- View grades, assignments, and attendance at Jupiter Ed.
All students in Room 130 will do their best and get ready for 5th grade.