November 20th, 2017
Spelling: None today.
Cursive: Cursive worksheet pp. 30-32 are available and were due today. There is no new cursive assignment this week.
Reading: Our focus this week is how animals interact in ecosystems. Today, we read about the wolves of Yellowstone and a coral reef.
Writing: Students worked on revising and revising conferences today. Our next piece of writing is a fiction story due Monday, November 27. Your student should be revising at this point. Homework is to work on writing for 15 minutes if needed.
Science: Students worked on finalizing their scripts today, practicing their scripts, and discussing their costumes. The Space Fashion Show (more details and a sample script) is our final project of our space unit. Students are working in groups to write a fashion show script that tells about the sun, moon, or earth (click here to find your student’s group script). One student from each group will “model” a costume of the sun, moon, or earth. The Space Fashion Show is tomorrow, Tuesday, November 21 at 2 pm in the small gym. Family members are invited!
Social Studies: None today due to art.
- We are visiting the Michigan Capitol and Historical Museum on December 5 from 7:15 am to 3 pm.
- Grand Blanc Parent University offers workshops about learning, health and parenting; there are several dates throughout the school year. Each workshop comes with a free meal! See the dates and how to register here.
- If you want to schedule your spring conference, here’s where to do that.
- Have you helped your student plan a Daily Homework Time?
- Check out our class calendar to stay up-to-date.
- View links to all the websites we use in class.
- View grades, assignments, and attendance at Jupiter Ed.
All students in Room 130 will do their best and get ready for 5th grade.