November 27th, 2017
Spelling: None today.
Cursive: Cursive worksheet pp. 33-35 are available and are due Friday.
Reading: We started reading expository text about animal adaptations.
Writing: We read a story called “Girl Wonder” and noticed that the story had a circular ending. It began and ended in a similar way.
Students also worked on prewriting today. Our next piece of writing is a fiction story due Monday, December 18. Your student should be prewriting at this point. Homework is to work on writing for 15 minutes and decide on the people, places, and plot of the story.
Science: None today due to art.
Social Studies: Today was a leader lesson about taking initiative–fixing a problem before being asked.
- We are visiting the Michigan Capitol and Historical Museum on December 5 from 7:15 am to 3 pm.
- Grand Blanc Parent University offers workshops about learning, health and parenting; there are several dates throughout the school year. Each workshop comes with a free meal! See the dates and how to register here.
- If you want to schedule your spring conference, here’s where to do that.
- Have you helped your student plan a Daily Homework Time?
- Check out our class calendar to stay up-to-date.
- View links to all the websites we use in class.
- View grades, assignments, and attendance at Jupiter Ed.
All students in Room 130 will do their best and get ready for 5th grade.