November 28th, 2017
Spelling: None today.
Cursive: Cursive worksheet pp. 33-35 are available and are due Friday.
Reading: Today was a reading day in Literature Circles.
Writing: We talked about writing a summary using a sentence starter: Somebody wanted ______________, but _____________ (problem), so ________________ (how they fixed it).
Students also worked on prewriting today. Our next piece of writing is a fiction story due Monday, December 18. Your student should be prewriting at this point. Homework is to work on writing for 15 minutes and to finish prewriting the people, places, and plot of the story.
Science: Students completed a MiniQuiz about the sun, moon, and earth.
Social Studies: We researched the history of poinsettias, how they got their name, if they are flowers, and if they are poisonous. Ask your student what they learned!
- We are visiting the Michigan Capitol and Historical Museum on December 5 from 7:15 am to 3 pm.
- Grand Blanc Parent University offers workshops about learning, health and parenting; there are several dates throughout the school year. Each workshop comes with a free meal! See the dates and how to register here.
- If you want to schedule your spring conference, here’s where to do that.
- Have you helped your student plan a Daily Homework Time?
- Check out our class calendar to stay up-to-date.
- View links to all the websites we use in class.
- View grades, assignments, and attendance at Jupiter Ed.
All students in Room 130 will do their best and get ready for 5th grade.