November 30th, 2017
Spelling: We learned that c makes a /k/ sound if it’s followed by a u, o, or a. But c makes an /s/ sound if it’s followed by an e, i, or y.
Cursive: Cursive worksheet pp. 33-35 are available and are due Friday.
Reading: We read an expository text about spiders. Students worked on reading skills using MobyMax.
Writing: We talked about writing an interesting ending that uses a visual detail; an action, or some talking. We also talked about organizing writing so that the important parts are longer, with more details.
Students also worked on drafting today. Our next piece of writing is a fiction story due Monday, December 18. Your student should be drafting at this point. Homework is to work on writing for 15 minutes.
Science: We finished watching a DVD about if the earth and life is rare in the universe, or if planets like earth are common.
Social Studies: None today.
- Please visit the new Internet Safety page for parents.
- We are visiting the Michigan Capitol and Historical Museum on December 5 from 7:15 am to 3 pm.
- Grand Blanc Parent University offers workshops about learning, health and parenting; there are several dates throughout the school year. Each workshop comes with a free meal! See the dates and how to register here.
- If you want to schedule your spring conference, here’s where to do that.
- Have you helped your student plan a Daily Homework Time?
- Check out our class calendar to stay up-to-date.
- View links to all the websites we use in class.
- View grades, assignments, and attendance at Jupiter Ed.
All students in Room 130 will do their best and get ready for 5th grade.