December 1st, 2017
Spelling: We practiced the difference in usage for the words between and among. We learned that between is used for two things, and among for three or more things.
Cursive: Cursive worksheet pp. 33-35 are available and were due today.
Reading: Today was a reading skills day using MobyMax Reading Stories.
Writing: Students worked on drafting today. Our next piece of writing is a fiction story due Monday, December 18. Your student should be drafting at this point and should be about half done with their draft. Homework is to work on writing for 15 minutes if needed.
Math: None today
Science: Students worked on a district science test today.
Social Studies: Students completed a MiniQuiz about the organization of government today. We also learned about some Mexican holiday traditions today.
- Please visit the new Internet Safety page for parents.
- We are visiting the Michigan Capitol and Historical Museum on December 5 from 7:15 am to 3 pm.
- Grand Blanc Parent University offers workshops about learning, health and parenting; there are several dates throughout the school year. Each workshop comes with a free meal! See the dates and how to register here.
- If you want to schedule your spring conference, here’s where to do that.
- Have you helped your student plan a Daily Homework Time?
- Check out our class calendar to stay up-to-date.
- View links to all the websites we use in class.
- View grades, assignments, and attendance at Jupiter Ed.
All students in Room 130 will do their best and get ready for 5th grade.