December 4th, 2017
Spelling: None today. We’ll have a spelling test later this week.
Cursive: Cursive worksheet pp. 36-38 are available and are due Friday.
Reading: We read some animal poetry today.
Writing: We talked about writing realistic back and forth dialogue. Students also worked on drafting today. Our next piece of writing is a fiction story due Monday, December 18. Your student should be drafting at this point and should be at the middle or ending of their story. Homework is to work on writing for 15 minutes.
Science: Students worked on a district science test again today.
Social Studies: We reviewed our last MiniQuiz about the organization of government.
- Please visit the new Internet Safety page for parents.
- We are visiting the Michigan Capitol and Historical Museum tomorrow, December 5, from 7:15 am to 3 pm.
- Grand Blanc Parent University offers workshops about learning, health and parenting; there are several dates throughout the school year. Each workshop comes with a free meal! See the dates and how to register here.
- If you want to schedule your spring conference, here’s where to do that.
- Have you helped your student plan a Daily Homework Time?
- Check out our class calendar to stay up-to-date.
- View links to all the websites we use in class.
- View grades, assignments, and attendance at Jupiter Ed.
All students in Room 130 will do their best and get ready for 5th grade.