December 18th, 2017
Spelling: None today.
Cursive: No cursive assignment this week.
Reading: We read some example stories about our next writing project.
Writing: We started talking about our next writing project, a Choose Your Own Adventure fiction gamebook. Students will write a fiction adventure story with choices that the reader can make. Each choice can change how the story turns out. Students will publish their adventure as a website at Google Sites. See below for more details. Homework is to prewrite ideas for an adventure story.
This project is due Tuesday, January 23. Some ideas and resources are below:
Choose Your Own Adventure Resources
- See examples of Choose Your Own Adventure fiction websites here and here.
- Here are some good student examples:
- Look at an Underground Railroad Choose Your Own Adventure website.
- Look through the Underground Railroad Interactive History Adventure book (hint: search for “the end” to see some of the endings of the book).
- Look at some examples of different kinds of endings in a Choose Your Own Adventure Story.
- View the titles of all the Choose Your Own Adventure books to get adventure topic ideas.
- Play Zork, a text-based computer game. Here is a list of commands and directions. Here is a map of the dungeon if you get stuck or lost.
- Play Oregon Trail, another text-based computer game.
Find a complete list of resources here.
Science: None today due to art.
Social Studies: We learned about the Bill of Rights and our responsibilities as Americans to obey the law, vote knowledgeably, and to serve on a jury. We’re having a test about government tomorrow.
- Our Mexican Fiesta is Wednesday, December 20 from 9 am to noon. Here is our volunteer list to see what your student volunteer for or if you would like to be added to the guest list to help at the party. Can you help?
- Have you helped your student plan a Daily Homework Time?
- Check out our class calendar to stay up-to-date.
- View links to all the websites we use in class.
- View grades, assignments, and attendance at Jupiter Ed.
All students in Room 130 will do their best and get ready for 5th grade.