January 31st, 2018
Spelling: We started making Words to Learn lists of words missed on the last spelling test.
Cursive: Cursive pp. 52-54 are available and are due Friday.
Reading: Today was a reading day in Literature Circles. Some groups worked on determining importance as a reading strategy.
Writing: Students worked on prewriting their literary essay today. Look below for some helpful resources.
Literary Essay Resources:
- Here is a literary essay we wrote together.
- Here’s a sample literary essay to use for ideas.
- Here is a literary essay organizer.
A literary essay will be due Monday, February 12. Homework is to continue prewriting for 15 minutes, focusing on finding the summary of the book, what it is teaching, and three parts of the book that match the theme.
Science: Today was a health and nutrition lesson.
Social Studies: None today.
- Have you helped your student plan a Daily Homework Time?
- Check out our class calendar to stay up-to-date.
- View links to all the websites we use in class.
- View grades, assignments, and attendance at Jupiter Ed.
All students in Room 130 will do their best and get ready for 5th grade.