February 1st, 2018
Spelling: We continued Words to Learn lists of words missed on the last spelling test.
Cursive: Cursive pp. 52-54 are available and are due Friday.
Reading: We finished reading a biography about how Elizabeth Cady Stanton fought for women’s rights. We also reviewed the strategies of rereading and thinking about the author’s point of view.
Writing: Students had the goal of finishing prewriting their literary essay today. Students also commented on a partner’s writing during prewriting conferences.
A literary essay will be due Monday, February 12. Homework is to finish prewriting for 15 minutes.
Here are some literary essay resources we’ve been using in class:
- A literary essay we wrote together.
- A sample literary essay to use for ideas.
- A literary essay organizer.
Math: We practiced multiplication skills using the arithmetic topic at Khan Academy. Many students are working on mastery challenges to prove they have learned arithmetic skills. About half the class is still practicing 2-digit multiplication. Ask your student to show you their arithmetic progress! Homework is to practice math for 15 minutes using MobyMax or Khan Academy.
Science: We practiced measuring liquids using graduated cylinders today.
Social Studies: Today was a leader lesson about setting goals.
- Have you helped your student plan a Daily Homework Time?
- Check out our class calendar to stay up-to-date.
- View links to all the websites we use in class.
- View grades, assignments, and attendance at Jupiter Ed.
All students in Room 130 will do their best and get ready for 5th grade.