February 6th, 2018
Spelling: None today.
Cursive: Ten cursive sentences, seven or more words each, are due Friday.
Reading: We read an article about genetically modified foods and how science can be helpful and sometimes harmful.
Writing: We worked on drafting the first half of our essay today.
A literary essay will be due Monday, February 12. Homework is to work on writing for 15 minutes. Your student should be drafting by now.
Here are some literary essay resources we’ve been using in class:
- A literary essay we wrote together.
- A sample literary essay to use for ideas.
- A literary essay organizer.
Science: We wrote notes in our minibooks about measuring liquid volume using graduated cylinders. Homework is to the Matter Investigation Review started in class.
Social Studies: Today was a leader lesson about setting goals. We looked at our recent report card to look for opportunities to set goals.
- The Family Math and Science Night is tonight from 6-7:30 pm.
- Report Cards for Marking Period 2 are available at Jupiter Ed.
- Our Feb Factor Valentine’s Party is Wednesday, February 14 from 12:30-3:30. We need volunteers to help with food donations, food serving, and games. Here’s our volunteer list if you can help.
- Have you helped your student plan a Daily Homework Time?
- Check out our class calendar to stay up-to-date.
- View links to all the websites we use in class.
- View grades, assignments, and attendance at Jupiter Ed.
All students in Room 130 will do their best and get ready for 5th grade.