February 7th, 2018
Spelling: None today.
Cursive: Ten cursive sentences, seven or more words each, are due Friday.
Reading: None today due to the late start day.
Writing: We reviewed the idea of making an essay out of three main parts:
- An introduction with the book’s summary and theme,
- Evidence from at least three parts of the book that shows how the book matches the theme,
- A conclusion with the theme and what the student learned from the book.
A literary essay will be due Monday, February 12. Homework is to work on writing for 15 minutes. Your student should be finished with their draft tonight.
Here are some literary essay resources we’ve been using in class:
- A literary essay we wrote together.
- A sample literary essay to use for ideas.
- A literary essay organizer.
Science: None today due to the late start day.
Social Studies: We started working on the Market Day economics project today. Fourth grade classes are hosting a market day for students to purchase student-made goods. Our class is in charge of building a website and designing advertising.
- Report Cards for Marking Period 2 are available at Jupiter Ed.
- Our Feb Factor Valentine’s Party is Wednesday, February 14 from 12:30-3:30. We need volunteers to help with food donations, food serving, and games. Here’s our volunteer list if you can help.
- Have you helped your student plan a Daily Homework Time?
- Check out our class calendar to stay up-to-date.
- View links to all the websites we use in class.
- View grades, assignments, and attendance at Jupiter Ed.
All students in Room 130 will do their best and get ready for 5th grade.