February 8th, 2018
Spelling: None today.
Cursive: Ten cursive sentences, seven or more words each, are due Friday.
Reading: Today was a reading skills practice day using MobyMax Reading Stories.
Writing: We talked about adding style to the introduction of a literary essay using one of these ideas:
- Use a quote from the book or from a famous person,
- Ask a question for the reader to think about,
- Use visual details for the reader to imagine a scene.
Students also worked on revising today. A literary essay will be due Monday, February 12. Homework is to work on writing for 15 minutes.
Here are some literary essay resources we’ve been using in class:
- A literary essay we wrote together.
- A sample literary essay to use for ideas.
- A literary essay organizer.
Science: We reviewed the Matter Investigation Review page.
- Report Cards for Marking Period 2 are available at Jupiter Ed.
- Our Feb Factor Valentine’s Party is Wednesday, February 14 from 12:30-3:30. We need volunteers to help with food donations, food serving, and games. Here’s our volunteer list if you can help.
- Have you helped your student plan a Daily Homework Time?
- Check out our class calendar to stay up-to-date.
- View links to all the websites we use in class.
- View grades, assignments, and attendance at Jupiter Ed.
All students in Room 130 will do their best and get ready for 5th grade.