March 20th, 2018
Spelling: None today.
Cursive: Ten cursive sentences, seven or more words each, are due Friday.
Reading: Today was Eagle Time while several students completed reading tests.
Writing: Students worked on drafting their novel. Today was the final drafting today. Your student should be at 100% of their count by tonight. The class average is 90%, which is a big improvement! Yet, 14 students are still at risk for not finishing their word count. You can see updated word counts at Jupiter Ed.
The novel project is due Wednesday, March 28. Homework is work on writing for at least 15 minutes.
Science: We reviewed the Conductors and Insulators experiment from yesterday and learned that all metals are conductors. Most nonmetals are insulators. But salt water and graphite are two surprise conductors that are not metal.
Social Studies: None today due to Eagle Time.
- STEM Tales Family Literacy Night is Thursday, March 22 from 5:30-7 pm. Join us for a magic show, experiments, and reading under the stars in the small gym!
- Have you helped your student plan a Daily Homework Time?
- Check out our class calendar to stay up-to-date.
- View links to all the websites we use in class.
- View grades, assignments, and attendance at Jupiter Ed.
All students in Room 130 will do their best and get ready for 5th grade.